“We sought to understand the significance of mangos within the richly layered culture and cuisine of Mexico. The story was only to be found in the streets, markets and tables of Mexico City but told best from the hearts of Mexican people. ”MangoNational Mango Board
Share. Mango. Love. — Elevating the Mango Story from Function to Emotion
digital and print media impressions delivered through paid distribution
Earned media in outlets including Every Day with Rachel Ray, Parents Latina, Feed Feed, Good Housekeeping, Fox News Latino, and Huffington Post
Share. Mango. Love. photography assets were incorporated as cover and editorial artwork for a Produce Business cover story, “Marketing to Millennials”
Share. Mango. Love. campaign was a finalist for the prestigious Holmes Report SABRE Award for branded content
Consumers and their influencers are more in tune with food than ever before— and they are inundated with content and information. “Fact and function” food and nutrition messages often fall flat or are lost entirely in the communications ecosystem. Yes, consumers and influencers want the facts, but they are on a quest for full transparency when it comes to food and they also want to be inspired and romanced.
The National Mango Board tapped Wild Hive to break through the mundane to capture attention and connect with target audiences on an emotional level.
In order to add an emotive and on-trend approach to storytelling, the National Mango Board needed to take a risk and go somewhere it had never gone before— embracing the cultural heritage of mangos. Wild Hive had been intimately involved in the National Mango Board’s Nutrition Marketing for many years, directing nutrition professional marketing and health research strategy. It was clear that these compelling health messages needed a creative storytelling angle to cement mangos in the hearts of nutrition professionals and consumers.
Inspired by the National Mango Board’s vision to “share the world’s love of mangos with U.S. consumers,” Wild Hive designed and implemented an integrated campaign to celebrate the heritage of mangos. “Share. Mango. Love.” brought the agricultural, cultural, and culinary story of mangos from the farmlands of Puerto Rico and the cultural epicenter of Mexico City to the hearts of U.S. consumers and their influencers.
From content product to activation, Wild Hive built and told the story of mangos from the perspective of farmers, markets, street food vendors, chefs, and family kitchens of Mexico City and Puerto Rico. This content became the basis of an aggressive media relations, social media, influencer relations, and industry
Specific components of this work included:
- Creative content production in Mexico City and Puerto Rico including video, photography, interviews, recipe development/nutrition analysis, social media graphics, print & digital magazine production.
- Distribution of content through paid and earned media, nutrition professional ambassadors, owned properties (client social media, website, and e-newsletter channels), and nutrition professional presentations.
- Social media amplification of video content through paid Facebook advertising.
- New York City media dinner.
- Nutrition influencer toolkit mailing.
- Retail dietitian toolkit.
- Supported internal client efforts to distribute content to industry members and trade media.